The Arts and Cultural Alliance of Sarasota runs many programs, grants and projects around town. But the one that applies most to millennials is the Culture Collective, which just recently announced its 2016-2017 season. The program gives young people interested in the arts (age range: 21-39) an appetizer tour of Sarasota’s organizations for a super discounted rate.
The events vary. Sometimes it’s a cocktail/appetizer/schmooze session with other young professionals. Sometimes you get to go on behind-the-scenes tours of performing spaces and meet performers or directors of arts organizations. Membership for the entire year is $125 per person, or $240 for two people and includes seven performances. This season’s list features:
- Florida Studio Theatre, “Million Dollar Quartet,” Jan. 3
- The Ringling, “SEESAW,” Feb.17
- Sarasota Opera, “Madama Butterfly,” March 17
- Sarasota Orchestra, “The Music of Frank Sinatra,” April 22
- The Sarasota Ballet, “Ashton, de Valois & Robbins,” April 29
- Asolo Rep, “Beatsville,” May 4
- Westcoast Black Theatre Troupe, “Dearly Departed,” May 21
If you bought a ticket to each of these shows normally, it could cost anywhere from $300 to $500 total. The Culture Collective offers all of these experiences for $125.
Sounds fake, but it honestly isn’t.
Buzz buzz, the deadline to register is this Friday, Nov. 18. For more info and to join, visit sarasotaculturecollective.com.