If you’re planning on checking out the Atomic Holiday Bazaar this weekend, here are a few pieces of info you may want to know before you get there.
- This is the 11th year of the Atomic Holiday Bazaar.
- It started off with just 50 vendors and now has almost 200.
- This event has been talked about in lists including The Crafty Superstar and 100 Things to do in Tampa Bay Before You Die.
- This shebang is happening Saturday and Sunday. It’s from noon to 5 p.m. both days and will be held at the Sarasota Municipal Auditorium (801 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota)
- Admission to the main room is $5 (but kiddos 12 and under get in free. Speaking of free – the Bay Front Room, Street fair, the Art Center’s holiday arts boutique and Art in the Garden are all free and will have plenty for you to do, see and purchase.
- Street parking should be available in front of the Municipal Building parking lot but if you can’t find a spot you can always park in the Van Wezel lot. Also, carpooling or biking is always encouraged.
- Heads up though – if you’re going to see a specific vendor make sure you know which day your vendor will be there. You can look at the website to double check.
Why else go to this hip event?
- You’ll be supporting local artists and small businesses rather than shopping at one of those big box shops for your holiday items. FUN FACT: If locals spent $100 or more on small businesses instead of in chain stores that would put about $3 million more into our local economy! We dig that.
- You’ll want to come hungry because there will be plenty to eat thanks to places like Ray’s Vegan Soul, Bulgogi (Korean), Mouthole Barbeque, Out and About Coffee and the Hukilau Hut.
- Love swag? Then show up on time because the first 100 adult(ish) people to arrive both on Saturday and Sunday will receive a pretty amazing swag bag. It’s a locally made bag with a locally done design that has been printed on by a local company and going to be filled with all sorts of great swag including vendor coupons that will be good for the show or for use online. Oh, and of course you know you want one of unravel’s awesome new koozies.
- There will be a raffle this year to raise funds to benefit the Sarasota Defense of Animals. One lucky winner will receive the entire basket filled to the brim with indie-crafts, jewelry, body products, artwork, four tickets to any local 2017 roller derby Bradentucky Bombers bout, and more. So not only could you walk away with the ultimate gift basket but you’ll be helping out animals too! Visit the SDA tent at the Atomic street fair on Saturday or Sunday to view the donated items and to purchase raffle tickets.